Titan Staffing Solutions has partnered with an industry leader seeking a Environmental Health & Safety Specialist. This role will be responsible for leading and fostering the vision for safety, compliance and regulatory requirements at our site in Salt Lake City.
- Lead the company toward world-class safety through the relentless pursuit of injury prevention, risk reduction, and compliance.
- Bring safety experience, expertise, and innovation regarding to compliance and risk reduction via elimination, substitution, engineering controls, administrative controls, PPE, employee engagement, behavior-based safety programs, risk assessments, and understanding of implementing, managing, and sustaining safety programs.
- Drive health and safety culture through active encouragement of employee safety participation; facilitate and sponsor employee-led safety teams.
- Provide day-to-day guidance to employees ensuring employee safety and safety program integrity.
- Provides recurring training to field staff for PSM, HAZWOPER, and site safety requirements.
- Work with field teams to identify requirements to ensure safe, compliant, and reliable equipment operations.
- Conduct Process Hazard Analysis and administer Process Change Authorizations.
- BS Degree
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
- experience in a manufacturing/production setting, preferably in food, with an emphasis on line-driven safety and process safety management.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, administration, management, and utilization of safety software.