In this role, you will play a key role in driving process improvements by coaching and empowering a cross-functional team as we implement a reliability-centered maintenance program. The position also serves as the key technical resource for the manufacturing operation focusing on troubleshooting, identifying opportunities to improve the process, root cause analysis, and developing sustainable solutions for mechanical and electrical equipment issues.
Scope of Responsibility:
- Continuously improving manufacturing processes in terms of quality and performance measurements, and identifying and eliminating bottleneck areas.
- Seek to ensure the reliability of plant and equipment operation while optimizing maintenance and operation costs and satisfying all safety, environmental, etc. regulations in the process.
- Design, document, troubleshoot, and lead the launch of new products and processes from an engineering perspective
- Trains maintenance staff on effective maintenance practices- including effective use of the computerized maintenance management system- problem-solving tools- risk and failure analysis- maintenance scheduling and analysis of maintenance-related data and equipment histories
- Sets and evaluates departmental goals and objectives through a collaborative effort with maintenance departmental supervision- factory leadership team- Regional Reliability Managers and the Engineering Manager
- Conducts special studies as assigned or self-initiated to improve departmental services- equipment reliability and factory operations or satisfy external requirements
- Provides direction to the operation and maintenance of the Utilities (Air- Steam- Water- Nitrogen- Ammonia- etc) and Wastewater facilities to assure they meet production demands
- 5+ years manufacturing
- Leadership experience in a manufacturing environment; union experience preferred
- Demonstrated understanding of technology, including complexities of products, equipment, and costs
- Demonstrated understanding of proper elements of Preventive/Predictive Maintenance program
- Development of best practice standards for all Maintenance functions and activities
- Experience with World Class Maintenance, TPM, or similar systems