In this role, the Materials Manager is responsible for analyzing, planning, and managing the flow of materials to ensure they are provided according to schedule. In this role, you will develop and implement strategies to keep inventory at a minimum without compromising customer expectations. Soft skills are a must. You must be able to lead in a collaborative, team-based environment.
- Develop and execute an inventory operating plan aligned with division, business, and manufacturing strategies to meet key performance objectives, reduce waste, and implement Lean systems.
- Effectively communicate manufacturing priorities and requirements to the senior leadership team and ensure accountability for achieving plant metrics.
- Create, and implement best in class world manufacturing strategies ensuring efficient, effective, and safe plant operations.
- Systematically lead the identification and elimination of losses resulting in improvements in costs, inventory, time, and quality.
- Identifying, implementing, and documenting materials and supply chain best practices
- Required Bachelors degree in Business Administration or related field required.
- Preferred Master in Material/Business Management
- Five years of experience in the materials control field is required.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the proven ability to work well with all levels of management.
- Proficient with inventory reporting systems.
- Experienced with Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
- Certified in Production and Inventory (CPIM) or similar training
- Preferred Lean Manufacturing training