Automation & Controls Engineer
In this role, you will support PLC, HMI, and SCADA software for control systems and equipment during design, installation, and startup. You will provide expertise and guidance to project teams during design reviews and equipment installation as it relates to electrical, control, and automation systems. The successful candidate will be a technical leader, fostering collaboration and team building while upholding the organization’s core values. You will be a technical expert throughout the lifecycle of automated equipment and systems
Scope of Responsibility:
- Electrical and controls subject matter expert.
- Implement improvements into existing controls and automation systems to increase productivity and process control.
- Startup new equipment and implement MES into process equipment.
- Lead identification of digital manufacturing solutions to improve process controls. Implement new field devices, sensors and process monitoring equipment.
- Continuously asses and optimize the use of automation and control systems.
- Prepare technical specifications for equipment according to Global Manufacturing Engineering guidelines.
- Confirm equipment and automation systems meet Electrolux specifications.
- Support the standardization of common processes and automation solutions.
- Research and facilitate innovative solutions for smart and optimal manufacturing processes
- Electrical Engineering Degree or Mechatronics degree preferred, or equivalent experience
- Proficiency in industrial networking protocols – Profibus, Profinet, TCP/IP and EthernetIP
- HMI software – Siemens WinCC and TIA Portal, and Rockwell FactoryTalk View
- PLC hardware – Rockwell ControlLogix family and Siemens 300 and CNC, Fanuc LEP
- Servo drive systems: Siemens 840D CNC, Siemens G120 family, Fanuc 35i CNC, and Rockwell Powerflex and Kinetix